Five Pregnancy Side Effects Addressed With Mommy Makeover Surgery
There’s no doubt that pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding are responsible for some of the most dramatic physical changes a woman will experience during her lifetime. For many women, simply losing the baby weight doesn’t fully restore a pre-pregnancy body. In these cases, mommy makeover surgery can provide a life-changing transformation for achieving a more youthful, slim, appealing figure after having children. Award-winning board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Jerry Chidester and the exceptional team at Jerry Chidester, MD Plastic & Hand Surgery take pride in helping women reach their ultimate cosmetic goals and finally get the self-confidence they deserve with mommy makeover surgery in Draper, UT. Discover the benefits of mommy makeover plastic surgery here, including how it can correct – or even reverse – some of the most frustrating side effects of pregnancy.
What is a mommy makeover?
Mommy makeover is a transformative cosmetic procedure designed to enhance a woman’s figure following pregnancy, weight loss, or aging. Unlike some procedures which target a specific area of the face or body, mommy makeover surgery is actually completely customizable and can include a wide variety of treatments, techniques, and procedures to address the patient’s specific needs and goals.
Is mommy makeover only for women who have had children?
While the majority of mommy makeover patients are interested in addressing the physical changes associated with pregnancy and childbirth, there are many women who undergo a mommy makeover to combat the side effects of weight fluctuation and the aging process. Because a mommy makeover is custom-tailored to each patient’s individual concerns, women with a wide variety of needs can benefit greatly from the procedure.
What does a mommy makeover do?
Full mommy makeover surgery is, arguably, one of the most transformative and life-changing cosmetic surgeries in Draper, UT. During your initial consultation with Dr. Chidester (aka “Dr. Chiddy), he will thoroughly evaluate your concerns, discuss your personal goals, answers all of your questions in detail, and explain your surgical options. Depending on your symptoms, desired outcome, and other factors, Dr. Chiddy will recommend a customized mommy makeover plan for you.
Patients who are seeking a mommy makeover after having kids typically have a fairly common set of concerns associated with the physical toll that pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding take on a woman’s body. Five of the most compelling side effects of pregnancy that Dr. Chiddy can dramatically improve during Draper, UT mommy makeover surgery include:
1. Sagging breasts: Nearly every woman, whether she breastfeeds or not, will experience some degree of sagging and drooping in her breasts over time. In addition to pregnancy and breastfeeding, gravity, weight fluctuation, loss of skin elasticity, and other forces can contribute to drooping breasts. Mommy makeover surgery frequently includes some form of cosmetic breast surgery, such as breast lift and/or breast augmentation, to restore lost breast volume and reshape the breasts for a perkier, more youthful contour.
2. Loose abdominal skin: As the uterus stretches to accommodate the growing fetus and a woman gains weight during pregnancy, the abdomen inevitably stretches. Even after losing pregnancy weight, many women are left with loose, hanging skin, in part due to a loss of elasticity that prevents the skin from “snapping” back into its original shape. For this reason, a tummy tuck is one of the most common procedures incorporated into mommy makeover surgery.
3. Stretch marks: As the skin stretches during pregnancy or weight gain, many women also develop stretch marks. While there are some nonsurgical treatments that may help reduce the appearance of stretch marks, the only way to actually get rid of them is to remove the portion of skin where they are present. Obviously, this is not always possible depending on the location and severity of the concerns. However, in some cases, thigh lift, breast lift, arm lift, or tummy tuck during a mommy makeover may involve the removal of a section of loose skin that has developed stretch marks.
4. Stubborn fat: Another frustrating side effect of pregnancy and aging is the development of stubborn, unwanted pockets of fat in the hips, thighs, lower back, buttocks, and other areas. Even with consistent diet and exercise, many otherwise fit patients notice bulges of fat that are unresponsive to their efforts. Fortunately, liposuction can be incorporated into mommy makeover surgery to address stubborn fat deposits and help women achieve a smoother, slimmer, more attractive physique.
5. Loose vagina: For women who give birth vaginally, especially multiple times, the vagina often becomes loose, stretched out, or misshapen. This can present a long list of physical and emotional issues for the patient, including unsatisfying sex for both herself and her partner. As part of a mommy makeover, vaginal rejuvenation surgeries –such as vaginoplasty – can help to restore a tighter, more natural-looking, better-functioning vagina and boost a patient’s self-esteem as well.
Dr. Chiddy and his knowledgeable team will help determine the best combination of treatments and procedures for your mommy makeover surgery following an in-depth consultation. Most commonly, a mommy makeover in Draper, UT includes several of these common tools and techniques:
Do I qualify for Salt Lake City mommy makeover surgery?
Most women who are in good health, do not smoke, are done having kids, and have moderate to severe side effects from pregnancy and childbirth can be considered for mommy makeover surgery. The best way to find out for sure whether you are a candidate for a mommy makeover is to be evaluated by a highly experienced and skilled plastic surgeon. If you are frustrated by the side effects of pregnancy and are ready to feel like yourself again, we invite you to call the friendly team at Jerry Chidester, MD Plastic & Hand Surgery to schedule your one-on-one consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Jerry Chidester today, and learn how mommy makeover in Draper or Salt Lake City can help you get the body of your dreams!